Two Michigan television stations, WDIV-TV (Detroit) and WXMI-TV (Grand Rapids), took home awards at the Local Media Association’s recent Digital Innovation Awards ceremony.
Seventy different companies from newspapers, TV stations, radio stations and digital news sites competed for the awards celebrating creative and business advancements in the digital realm.
“Our main goal is to create a website users want to engage with. From news to entertainment and everything in between, we’re constantly trying to provide what our ClickOnDetroit community is looking for,” said Local 4 Vice President and General Manager Marla Drutz.
WDIV-TV received six awards:
- Best Local Website (1st place): ClickOnDetroit.com
- Best Contest and/or Promotion (1st place): 4Frenzy
- Best Use of Data (2nd place): AllAboutAnnArbor.com
- Best Redesign/Relaunch (2nd & 3rd place respectively): 4Frenzy relaunch
- Best New Digital Initiative (3rd place): GroundSource text message campaign during America’s Thanksgiving Parade
WXMI-TV received a first-place award for Best Social Media Strategy.
Congratulations to both stations! For a complete list of winners, click here.