MAB Foundation Scholarships
The MABF recognizes many excellent broadcasting programs in colleges, universities and trade schools throughout Michigan and awards scholarship money to the high level students these programs produce.
Educators from each school nominate one outstanding student from their program to receive a $1,000 scholarship from the MAB Foundation. The following is a list of schools receiving scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are a broadcasting student at one of these schools and you think you deserve a scholarship from the MAB Foundation, please contact your school’s broadcasting department head prior to January 14, 2019 to discuss a possible faculty nomination.
- Adrian College
- Central Michigan University (Dr. Peter Orlik Broadcasting Scholarship, supported by Larry Patrick*)
- Delta College
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University (Jerry P. Colvin Scholarship*)
- Henry Ford College (Charles D. Fritz Scholarship*)
- Lansing Community College
- Madonna University
- Michigan State University (Gary A. Reid Scholarship*, James H. Quello Scholarship, supported by Karole White* and the Leicinger-Biederman Scholarship, supported by Ross Biederman*)
- Michigan Technological University (WBKP-TV/WBUP-TV/WBKB-TV/WOLV-FM/WCCY-AM/WHKB-FM and The Stephen A. Marks Foundation, Inc. Scholarship*)
- Northern Michigan University (WBKP-TV/WBUP-TV/WBKB-TV/WOLV-FM/WCCY-AM/WHKB-FM and The Stephen A. Marks Foundation, Inc. Scholarship*)
- Oakland University (Alan W. Frank Scholarship*)
- Specs Howard School of Media Arts (Charles D. Mefford Scholarship*)
- Spring Arbor University
- University of Michigan (Nancy Waters & Mark Waters Scholarship*)
- Washtenaw Community College
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University (Carl E. Lee Scholarship*)
*Each named scholarship is awarded with funds via the MAB Foundation Founders Club. All other general scholarships are awarded with funds directly from the MAB Foundation.