Website WWJ-TV CBS 62 / WKBD-TV CW50 Detroit
WWJ-TV/WKBD-TV, the CBS-owned duopoly in Detroit, is looking for an experienced Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ) to join our team. We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings ideas to the table daily, cultivates sources, owns social media and is passionate about local news. Candidates must have strong, creative storytelling skills and an energetic delivery.
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Pitch vetted stories reflective of the community
• Shoot, write and edit packages for daily newscasts
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Experience, Education, Etc.):
• Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast and digital platforms
• Must be proficient in Premiere Pro
• Must have knowledge of Broadcast ENG cameras, lighting, audio and LiveU
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must have very strong social media skills and be able to contribute on all platforms
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends
• Must be a team player and able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years’ MMJ/television reporting experience preferred
Qualified candidates please apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System, which can be accessed at https://cbs.avature.net/cbstvscareers/SearchJobs/35655.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS Detroit Television Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.