Website WWJ-TV CBS 62 / WKBD-TV CW50 Detroit
CBS Television (WWJ CBS 62 & WKBD CW50) in Detroit is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with previous experience in broadcast television, cable and/or digital to join the country’s premier O&O broadcast group. Ideal candidate will have a proven record of growing transactional business, prospecting & closing new business, and experience selling across multiple screens and markets. Possessing a marketing mindset and an understanding of the role advertising plays across a variety of businesses is a must. Looking for a team player, with a drive to succeed in a goal-oriented, fast-paced sales environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Sell CBS properties and assets to advertising agencies & direct clients
• Grow transactional account revenue and share
• Develop new broadcast and digital business
• Sell high-profile events and create customized advertising opportunities that help clients grow their business
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with marketing decision makers
• Accurately project and forecast revenue activity
• Possess excellent presentation, problem-solving and analytic skills
• Proven negotiator who is effectively persuasive with all client types
• Ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic and driven to succeed
• Excellent time management skills and have ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in traditional advertising platforms and products (Wide Orbit, Strata, Salesforce, Nielsen, ComScore)
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
• Proven track record of sales success and knowledge of online sales offerings
• College degree preferred
To apply for this job please visit cbscorporation.jobs.
Qualified candidates please apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System which can be accessed at https://cbscorporation.jobs/southfield-mi/account-executive/FC2ACB9A752249E2BD5D024CC7850BDA/job/.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS Detroit Television Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.