IT Support & Digital Operations Support
Mid-West Family Broadcasting is seeking an energetic, growth-minded individual to become the next member of our Technical & Digital departments. The person in this position will provide IT support for computers and devices at the Benton Harbor and South Haven radio stations for the Technical department and will assist in managing vendor relationships and special projects for the Digital Operations department. You will work directly with two supervisors: the Technical Director and the Regional Digital Manager. In addition to providing support, you will have the opportunity to learn other technical aspects of our operation, such as advanced server and router maintenance, building and grounds maintenance, and broadcast operations & maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the “first call” in IT Support for questions about computer, hardware and software questions from the staff
- Install, configure, repair and troubleshoot basic IT related equipment Assist the Technical Director with installation, configuration, repair and troubleshooting of broadcast related equipment and advanced IT devices such as servers and routers
- Manage active work order/task list in Wunderlist, and communicate projects, escalated issues and timelines with the Technical Director and Regional Digital Manager
- Monitor data protection, backup and disaster recovery software and hardware for proper functionality, ensuring backups are taking place and are able to be restored when needed
- Provide support for, and learn from the Technical Director in all areas of IT and broadcast operations, buildings & grounds maintenance
- Assist Regional Digital Manager in providing support of digital products to staff on WordPress websites, ecommerce shopping cart, social media accounts and apps
- Work directly with Digital vendors and the Regional Digital Manager on troubleshooting and issue management with vendor products such as websites, apps, ecommerce, etc.
- Use great communication skills to explain procedures in non-technical terms for staff
- May be occasionally required to assist in projects that occur on nights and weekends, especially in emergency situations
- Travel to tower sites and South Haven studios will be occasionally required
- Minimum 3 years IT experience
- Cisco and Linux router experience helpful
- Active Directory & Exchange experience desired
- Strong mechanical and data wiring skills desired
- Clean driving record required
To apply for this job email your details to HireMe@wsjm.com
Mid-West Family Broadcasting is an employee-owned radio, digital and events company operating in 8 markets across Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri and Illinois. Our mission is simple, but important: hyper-serve our local communities with information, entertainment and companionship, produced by people who live and work here.
We are proud to call Michigan’s Great Southwest home since 1958, helping businesses large and small build successful branding campaigns that get measurable marketing results. The company has over 50 employees across our three offices and studios in Benton Harbor and South Haven, many with tenure over 10+ years.
Our brands include News/Talk 94.9 WSJM, 106.1 & 1400 WSJM Sports, ROCK 107 WIRX, 98.3 The Coast, 103.7 COSY-FM, 97.5 Y-Country, 95.7 The Lake, MoodyOnTheMarket.com, Town Crier Wire, Music Express Mobile DJ Service, Radio Super Saver, Radio Dining Deals, Smooth Jazz at Sunset, Summer Jam, Wedding World, and more.
Our stations are deeply involved in the communities we serve. If you are excited about the opportunities available at Mid-West Family Broadcasting, please send your resume today!
Send your resume to [email protected] today!
Mid-West Family Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.