MAB Seeks Director of Education and Programs
Website Michigan Association of Broadcasters
We are looking for an experienced Director of Education and Programs to supervise a wide range of programs. This is a working directorship. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. You will supervise the 3 managers and a team of other specialist from various parts of the organization to accomplish the larger projects. You will inform management on progress and performance. A successful Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their management. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization and its members.
MAB is a mature financially sound state membership nonprofit 501C6 trade association. We require a real pro for this position who can do it all. This is the number two position at our organization, and I need someone to fill in for the CEO if called upon to do so.
- Initiate and set goals for programs, conference and events according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan & execute the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes. This is a working position there are no clerical personnel at the MAB. We all produce our own materials
- Develop or approve budgets and operations procedures of department
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements for improved member and customer service.
- Supervise all program/event project managers and volunteers
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Read reports prepared by managers and meet with them daily to determine progress and issues and identify any trouble areas or slow progress.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Oversee all marketing of events/projects/programs
- Manages Marketing working with the Dir. of Communications.
- Responsible for selling exhibit booths and sponsorships of conferences and events with the help of the Event Assistant meeting all budgeted goals.
- Works with the CEO to Manages boards, committees and their respective board meetings, taking and transcribing minutes
- Experience needed with a strong proven track record in marketing and managing events, trade shows and conferences
- Deep understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, Word, Excel, Constant Contact, Adobe, WordPress and familiarity with membership databases and Power Point
- Must be a Digital Native
- Experience in the nonprofit management arena.
- Ability to grasp basic knowledge of complicated broadcast media issues
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented with leadership skills
- Strong communication skills excellent grammar, written and spoken, and presentation skills. A friendly outgoing personality is a must.
- BSc/BA diploma in management/Communications/ Public /Relations or other relevant fields; MSc/MA is a plus
- Grant identification and writing skills a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year