This full-time position is responsible for day-to day hands on maintenance of the technical infrastructure at WILX. The IT Technician will work closely with the Chief Engineer, as well as the other Department Heads. The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services. He/She will respond quickly to provide technical support for News, Sales, Production, and other Operations. Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter, and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure that station is always on the cutting edge of technology
• Take direction from Gray SVP of Technology and VP of Production regarding new technology, and
implement with corresponding workflow modifications.
• Assist in development of Capitol budget
• Track expenditures in a proactive manner to control expenses
• Produce various monthly internal and corporate reports
• Oversees all technology at WILX
• Performing all routine maintenance procedures as outlined by the vendors Gray TV works with
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or equivalent experience required
• Good communication skills
• Strong background in Windows OS 7/XP/Server 2008, Exchange 2010, Active Directory, and Database
• Cisco experience and certification strongly desired
• Significant experience in a broadcast engineering and broadcast IT environment
• Strong knowledge of RF technology
• Significant experience with production automation and on-air playout automation
• Ability to perform tasks associated with office duties
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers
• Must possess strong technical and networking skills with ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex
problems and machine stoppages
• Ability to participate and oversee all aspects of information security
• Security Certifications such as CISSP/CEH a plus
• Exercise highest level of discretion when handling confidential information
• Advanced organizational skills
• Strong ability to prioritize a constant changing ask list
• Work closely with Department Managers and direct Supervisor on urgent business operational tasks
• Linux/Unix, Firewall, SAN/NAS, and VMWare VSphere experience considered a plus
• Support colleagues in broadcasting information.
• Skilled in hardware and software end-user support.
• Support/Diagnose/Repair various computer devises: workstations and peripherals and software problems.
• Good people skills
• Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record (will be reviewed)
• Pre-employment drug screening.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Able to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors
• May be working in extreme weather conditions, heat or cold
• Light mechanical skills
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures on a ladder
This position includes on-call rotation which may require weekend/holiday emergency work as needed.
Apply at: www.gray.tv/applynow
Equal Opportunity Employer