Jacobs Media’s Techsurvey 2019 Launches in January
Stations can sign up now for what may be the largest survey about technology ever conducted for radio.
Jacobs Media has announced that registration is open for radio stations to participate in Techsurvey 2019. Last year’s survey broke ground once again in the annual series that began in 2005. Overall, more than 560 radio stations across North America, representing a diverse group of broadcasting companies, contributed more than 64,000 respondents to radio’s largest web survey devoted to media and technology.
Fourteen different formats were represented, helping programmers and managers focus their efforts and resources on what is truly important for their listeners. Techsurvey 2019 will provide even more insights as Jacobs Media tracks media usage and tech trends.
According to Jacobs Media President Fred Jacobs, “The data from early this year in Techsurvey 2018 was revealing, providing broadcasters with a unique look at their audiences. The continued growth of digital platforms, the emotional triggers that make broadcast radio unique across different generations, podcasting and smart speakers were all areas that provided great guidance to help the industry better understand the shifting media landscape. Techsurvey 2019 will be even bigger and better.”
This year’s study will launch in early January. Stations have until December 21st to sign up: jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey
Techsurvey 2019 will again feature trending so broadcasters can track the changes that occur with audience usage and habits from year-to-year, as well as deeper dives into the following areas:
- Further examination of how generations impact behaviors and media choices
- Smart speakers, the voice revolution, and how radio broadcasters can take advantage of this opportunity
- An even more detailed look at the state of podcasting – who’s participating, how they’re used, and what types of podcasts they prefer
- Social media growth – specifically, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat – and how stations can best participate in this space
- Use of Internet radio, from station streams to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Music and others
- The explosive impact of video games – who’s playing them and how radio broadcasters can take advantage of this trend
- How listeners connect with stations utilizing streams, websites, social media, podcasts, etc.
- Connected cars (and future autonomous cars), and their impact on media consumption and driving
- How smart mobility will change the way consumers go from Point A to Point B – and why it matters to radio
- The continued growth of mobile phones, tablets, and apps
- Trending on smartwatches, a platform showing signs of growth
- The cord-cutting mindset and customization of entertainment
- The changing world of new music discovery
The public release of Techsurvey 2019 will premiere at the Worldwide Radio Summit in Burbank, CA, on March 28th, 2019.
Stations can participate in two different ways:
- No fee – This allows participation in the results webinar, along with receiving national data
- A small fee based on market size – Stakeholder stations receive all the national data, participation in the webinar, as well as an in-depth look at their unique audience, their format’s audience, including their station’s “Media Usage Pyramid” and “Brand Platform Pyramid.