While the MAB has not had any reports of any significant pirate radio activity in our state in a number of years, legal broadcasters are asked to report known pirate radio operations via the FCC Unlicensed Broadcast Station “Pirate” Reporting form.

Reporting pirates helps keep legal operations free from interference.  Additionally, unlicensed broadcast pirates don’t pay licensing and regulatory fees as well as music licensing expenses as legal broadcast stations do.

The pirate reporting form is here.  In addition, stations are encouraged to also file a complaint about any unlicensed broadcsters with the FCC’s Consumer Complaint Center here.

Thank you in advance for your help.  Feel free to share any reports of pirate stations with us at [email protected].  We’d like to be aware of any activity around our state.

image_printPrint This Article