MAPB Public Media Impact Award
This year marks the 32nd year of honoring Michigan's public broadcasters. Two awards will be presented – one award for Donors and one award for Professionals - for their contribution to public broadcasting in Michigan. The awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Banquet as part of the August 2017 Advocacy Conference & Annual Meeting at Crystal Mountain Resort, Thompsonville, MI, which is attended by owners and operators of broadcast stations, lawmakers and other dignitaries.
- To recognize outstanding individuals involved in public broadcasting for their innovation and creativity.
- To inspire others involved in public broadcasting to greater achievement in the field of public radio and television.
- To increase awareness of public broadcasting and the contributions talented individuals make to the industry statewide.
Donors and Professionals involved in Michigan public radio or television are eligible for nomination. Nominations can be made by colleagues, supervisors and/or station managers. Activities for which the person is nominated may be long-term, to recognize lifetime contributions to public broadcasting, or more recent, to reflect a concentrated period of achievement.
Deadline for nominations and supporting material (i.e. letters of support, photos and videos) is Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
Please complete the nomination form and upload with supporting documents at this link:
Station managers will be notified if one of their staff members or volunteers has been selected to receive an award prior to the next Summer Conference, so that plans can be made for the recipient (s) to attend.
There will be up to two awards given — one Professional (all professionals including volunteers working in public broadcasting) and one Donor (individuals or foundations). The recipients will be recognized at the 2017 MAB Advocacy Conference and Annual Meeting at The Crystal Mountain Resort in Thompsonville, Michigan.
The nominee's will be judged for each category. The judges will consist of a panel of their peers selected from Michigan public radio and television stations to evaluate the nominee's qualifications.
Judges will evaluate the Donor nominees on the basis of:
- An individual or foundation that has been able to support a specific project at a station
- Threshold of impact and importance on public broadcasting
- In-kind resources that help to promote the station, it’s programs and projects
Judges will evaluate nominees on the basis of:
- Development of creative solutions to address station problems or concerns
- Development of innovative projects or programs designed to meet station challenges
- Development of programs, projects or activities which are cost — and/or time — effective
- Development of programs, projects or activities which make effective use of staff or volunteer resources
- Involvement and service to the community
- Involvement and service to public broadcasting
All supporting materials must be submitted at the same time the online nomination form is submitted. If you have any questions concerning the Public Media Impact Award program please contact Ann Walters via email at email@example.com
or by phone at the MAB at (517) 484-7444.