High School Scholarship Program
The MAB Foundation has approved an ongoing scholarship for Michigan High School seniors. Students who have been accepted at a MABF-approved Michigan college, university or trade school and plan to pursue a career in a broadcast-related field may enter. Each one-time scholarship award is $750.
Download an application here.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 12, 2018
The purpose of this scholarship is to support and encourage future broadcast professionals. This scholarship will promote both classroom study and professional internship experiences.
Applicants for the MABF High School Broadcast Scholarship must be:
1. A Michigan High School senior with an accumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale;
2. A Michigan resident;
3. Accepted for enrollment in a two or four year Michigan college, university or trade school; or
4. Planning to enroll in a full-time, undergraduate course of study in a broadcast-related field; or
5. Currently working in a broadcast-related job or with some type of broadcast-related experience; and
6. Exhibiting professional promise within the broadcast industry.
Application documentation shall include:
1. 200 word essay outlining career goals
2. Resume of candidate
3. High School transcript
4. Two Recommendation letters – one of which must come from a broadcast-related source
5. Completed Scholarship Application
All applications are due to the MAB Foundation office by Friday, January 12, 2018. Winners will be announced prior to the Great Lakes Media Show.
The MAB Foundation Education and Scholarship Committee will review each applicant and recommend a recipient to the MAB Foundation Board of Directors for final approval.
The award will be presented at the Great Lakes Media Show annually. Funds will be sent directly to the school in the name of the student to be used in the Fall semester of that same year. The funds are to be used for academic tuition and fees only. All funds are to be spent within one year of presentation.
Suggested MABF Scholarship Schools
The MABF has awarded scholarships to the following Universities, Colleges, and Trade schools in Michigan that have approved broadcast- related programs, however, is not limited to awarding to this list. Schools receiving scholarships in the past include, but are not limited to: Northern Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University, Western Michigan University, Specs Howard School of Media Arts, Henry Ford Community College, Spring Arbor College, Ferris State University, Wayne State University, Michigan Technical University, Grand Valley State University, Lansing Community College, Michigan State University, Adrian College, Hope College, University of Michigan and Central Michigan University.