2018 Michigan Student Broadcast Awards
*THE ENTRY SYSTEM IS CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN FEBRUARY.*
Online Awards Entry System Instructions
Creating your personal “Open Call Account”
(this can be created by the student OR the educator; multiple student entries may be submitted under one Open Call account)
Obtaining Permission to Enter the Michigan Student Broadcast Awards Program
- Click the link below to enter the online entry system home page.
- Select “Open Call Login”. Note: Do not select a contest in the menu on the right of the screen. This year's competition is called: 2018Michigan Student Broadcast Awards
- Then, select the “Create Your Open Call Account” link located next to the Login button at the bottom of the page. If you created an Open Call account for last year's program you do not need to create a new account for 2018.
- Input your information into the fields. Please select the box to auto populate the shipping address information. Note: There is no charge to enter the Student Broadcast Awards Program.
- Agree to the BetterBNC Terms and then select "Submit". When you submit your information, you will be sent a confirmation email from BetterBNC to the email account listed in your information. Follow the link within the email and log into the system with your new account information. This email may take a few minutes to arrive.
Uploading your Audio or Video Files for your Entries
- After you have received the confirmation email from BetterBNC, click on the link in the email and log into your account.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to a "My Credentials" page. You do not need to fill any information out on this page.
- Please proceed to the bottom of the page and select the "Submit" button. The page will reload.
- Go back to the top of the "My Credentials" page where you will see a link labeled “My Contests” - Click this link.
- You will be taken to a page with a list of contests; please select “2018 Michigan Student Broadcast Awards” to request access to enter the competition.
- You will be granted access to the contest within one (1) business day of your request and will receive an email to confirm your access.
Submitting your Open Call Entries
- Login to your "open call" account.
- Each entry audio or video file must be uploaded to an outside website and have a designated URL/weblink BEFORE you can complete the entry information within the online system. Suggested sites for uploading entries include: SchoolTube, YouTube, Vimeo, Kiwi6 and Tindeck.) You may use outside sites at your discretion, please note, that the entry must be available through the year of 2018.
- Contact the MABF office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble uploading to any of the listed sites.
- Please note that copyright laws may apply to any submitted online materials to the external uploading sites. Please review the terms and conditions for each external hosting site and proceed at your own discretion. (Links to Terms & Conditions: Schooltube, YouTube, Vimeo, Kiwi6 and Tindeck) Contact MABF if you have any concerns.
- File size limits and daily upload restrictions may apply to external hosting sites and additional fees may apply. Please see individual site restrictions for more details.
- Once you have been given permission to enter the competition, per the email from BetterBNC, please log into your account and select the “Submit Entry” link.
- For each entry you will be taken to a demographics page, to skip this process, when you are on the demographics page select "Open Call" at the top of the page and then from the drop down, pick "Manage Entries" from there, proceed with directions below.
- For each entry you will need to select a division, category and school. Then you will need to enter in the entry title and include the URL/weblink to the entry before you submit.
- Note: if your school does not appear in the drop down list, please select “Other” and enter your school name into the text box.
- You will need to repeat the entry process for each entry you wish to submit.
- Contestants will be able to go back into the system and make additions, changes, deletions or edits to their entries up until the deadline at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
- Each school program may have multiple users and multiple entries.
- Please be sure that all labels associated with each entry are consistent.
- Please provide the URL/weblink(s) for uploaded entries in the links portion of the Online Entry System. More than one upload may be necessary per entry. Multiple URLs are allowed (up to 20.)
- Comments in the Comments box are not required for this competition.
- Please make sure that all required, supplemental materials include the school name and entry title in the file name.
- Deadline: All entries must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 19, 2018.
- Questions: For questions regarding competition rules and/or categories, please contact the MAB Foundation at email@example.com or 517-484-7444. For technical questions regarding the function of the online system, please contact tech support here.
- NOTE: It is suggested by BetterBNC to download the Chrome web-browser application for optimal performance. Click here to download.
- Please allow ample time to submit all entry information. The earlier you start, the more time you have to refine your entries!