|Important Information for MAB Member TV Broadcasters|
Via The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB):
On May 13, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released an important public notice concerning the forthcoming broadcast spectrum incentive auction. We want to ensure all members are aware of two critical aspects of this public notice.
First, the FCC has previously established that all auction eligible stations should review information set forth in the FCC's databases, including the Consolidated Database System and Antenna Registration System, and correct any errors in that information. The deadline for this review is May 29, 2015.
Second, sometime shortly after May 29, likely no later than June 15, the FCC will issue a public notice listing all stations eligible for participation in the auction or protection in the repacking process. All eligible stations, regardless of whether or not they intend to participate in the auction, are required to complete and submit FCC Form 2100, Schedule 381. Click here to download the form. The form requires you to certify that your facilities are correctly described in the FCC's database, or to explain any discrepancies. It also requires you to provide certain technical information regarding your facilities.
We urge you to take the following actions as soon as possible:
Please contact Patrick McFadden of NAB's Legal department at (202) 775-4983 with any questions concerning this message.
- Carefully review the information set forth in the FCC's databases for your stations and confirm it is accurate. If it is not accurate, correct it immediately.
- The engineering parameters set forth in the databases will define the facilities that will be eligible for protection following the auction. If certain engineering specifications, for example antenna pattern rotation, are incorrect, this could potentially result in a loss in coverage if your station is repacked after the auction. It is vital that you review the parameters for your stations set forth in the databases and make any corrections before May 29.
- Review Schedule 381 and begin gathering information you will need to complete this schedule for all stations.
- Look for the Eligibility PN that will be released sometime in early to mid-June.
- Complete and file Schedule 381 for each station within 30 days of the release of the Eligibility PN.